Updated 9 July 2020
After identifying a gap within the Scottish Borders for an insurance broker to provide a service based on specialist local knowledge, Bruce Stevenson cut the ribbon on the front door of our Borders office in Galashiels on 13th April 2015.
Opening a new office from scratch and making it work is no mean feat. We believe our success is built on the combination of a number of important factors.
• We know the Borders - Each of our team members have either lived in or worked in the region for many years
• We know insurance - Each team member has a minimum of two decades industry experience
• We take a thorough approach – We take the time to provide quality advice and genuinely care about the service we offer
• We have independent status – We make and are responsible for our own decisions
• We provide exclusive products and can operate in specialist niche areas
• We hold Chartered Status – This demonstrates a commitment to delivering the highest professional levels of knowledge, advice and ethical practice
• We have been awarded Investor In Customers Gold Status for “Exception Customer Service”. There is no company in Scotland that has scored more highly than Bruce Stevenson in this regard.
Collaboration has played a vital part in achieving success these past five years. Simply being on Galashiels High Street was never going to generate sufficient interest in our offering and so we have worked hard to develop local relationships within the Scottish Borders, not least with the Scottish Borders Chamber of Commerce. Being proactive members within the Chamber has helped foster deeper client relationships and as well as sponsoring the Annual Business Awards we know it is also important to provide networking opportunities to local businesses by supporting events such as the Borders Business Gateway Conference, Scottish Borders Tourism Partnership, local SCDI events and the Border Union Show.
The Borders is a vibrant tourism destination and subsequently, our office here is the base for our hugely successful Bed & Breakfast and Self-Catering Accommodation schemes. We provide bespoke solutions for a diverse portfolio which can extend from one-bedroom holiday lets up to fourteen bedroom homes used for weddings and corporate events. Our Staysafe policy allows us to truly look after the interests of accommodation sector providers and we work closely with the hospitality industry leaders including, Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers, Scottish Tourism Alliance, and Visit Scotland.
With high streets suffering UK wide and other firms taking work out of the Borders, Bruce Stevenson has truly invested in the region. We believe that businesses of all shapes and sizes deserve a local and knowledgeable service and that ethos is central to our growth strategy.
We look forward to working with our Borders based clients, both business and private, for many years to come.