In light of the extraordinary and ever-evolving global impact of COVID -19, I would like to share with you the measures we are taking to ensure we continue to operate effectively in the challenging weeks ahead.
As insurance brokers, we understand the importance of minimising disruption to a business in the event of testing times. Accordingly, we have had business continuity plans in place for some time and these are now being implemented in our offices.
We will continue to offer you the high level of service you deserve whilst also protecting our staff and doing our bit to contain the spread of this virus as much as possible. It is important to take a balanced and sensible approach so we can proactively react as the situation evolves.
The key steps we have taken to date are as follows:
• Utilising additional technology to allow home/remote working for as many staff as possible, allowing you to contact our team through the usual channels.
• Putting our additional Claims Surge Team on standby, as we normally do in situations where we may expect a higher than usual influx of claims.
• Setting up and testing methods of communication with our staff when out-of-hour as the situation evolves.
• Monitoring workflow to ensure our service levels are not adversely affected.
• Business travel – no staff travel between offices until further notice.
• Look to reduce all but essential client meetings.
• Internal staff meetings to be cancelled until at least Easter.
• Staff holidays – monitoring and educating staff on the worldwide ‘hot spots’ and what to do if they feel unwell on return from holiday.
• Continued awareness of the importance of good hygiene.
• UK Government guidelines on COVID-19 – implement them with immediate effect.
Please contact your usual representative at Bruce Stevenson if you have any concerns and do look after yourself during this challenging period.