04 June 2018
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the jobs that need doing before the season starts, so we thought it might be useful to list eight de-wintering tasks that can easily get forgotten about.
- Give your topsides some attention. After giving your boat a thorough wash down to get rid of any mould and algae that’s built up over the winter you should remember to apply a protective wax to your topsides. If your topsides are painted or a dark coloured GRP, it’s worth investing in a wax which contains UV protection. This will help to slow down colour fade.
- Check your anodes have enough life to last until the next haul out.
- Ensure your batteries are charged.
- Service your lifejackets. Don’t risk them failing to inflate when you need them most.
- Check your flares are in date.
- Winches – these should be serviced annually. There are plenty of YouTube videos to show you how to do it yourself, or get your local service agent to carry it out for you.
- Purify your water system & tanks
- Check your seacocks
If you have any questions about boat insurance please get in touch with me below
Private Clients Development Executive