The Marchmont Pipe Organ made by Norman & Beard and William Hill & Son was installed at Marchmont House in 1919. It has recently undergone a significant 18 month-long off-site restoration by Fourth Pipe Organs Ltd. It took them two months to remove the 1,962 pipes, bellows and soundboards alone and four months to reinstall it again. The organ is housed in an incredibly ornate wooden case designed by Sir Robert Lorimer who was responsible for the design and installation of the Music Room at Marchmont between 1914 and 1919.
The evening was sensational as the audience sat and enjoyed listening to Thomas Trotter play pieces by J. S. Bach, J.C. Bach, C.V. Stanford, A. Rowley, K. Volans and E. Elgar.
It certainly endorsed Marchmont’s journey to becoming a "Home to Makers and Creators" and celebrating the arts.